Song Of The Moment

9.03.2013

Waves

The moon pulls on the ocean
Stirring a commotion
The water roars in excitement 
The waves grow in delightment
Then the moon changes its mind and pushes the water back in
The same way you control me - something I wish I never let happen
The way the moon has the naive ocean in the palm of its hand
It's so reminiscent of your relentless hold on me
Your forceful grip which won't concede albeit my pathetic pleas
The ocean's grieving waves speak the same language i do
My insides and the ocean reflect the same shade of blue
You and your lunar friend sit in the in the sky and laugh
While the ocean and I exist broken in half at the command of Moses' staff
And as much as I beg and beg
Throughout the night, you continue to make my waves shred
Then you recklessly turn into day
And you let the sun push me away
The ocean and I share the same horror story
We live being pulled and pushed by who we revere with glory
That is how the water became my best friend 
Trapped in a painfully redundant dance
Blindfully caught in your trance
Until my life has to end

No comments:

Post a Comment