Song Of The Moment

8.25.2013

Airborne

The pilot signals for seat belts to be fastened
As the plane begins to roll down the runway 
I prepare myself for what's about to happen 
I prepare for my rendezvous with the clouds today
And i'm off...
All the passengers on this plane begin to cough
I am airborne
The pilot is flying us directly into the rainstorm 
As I conquer the skies
The plane's engine burns on
Like the red in my eyes
The smoke leaves a trail as it drags along
The world looks tiny from this heavenly view
I only got on this plane to escape the thoughts of you
I sit in my seat, sulking in the magnificence of every careless moment
I can't see my pain from up here because my view is distorted
Hiding from all my troubles on this plane 
I left the truth on the ground while I'm up thirty thousand feet away
This is my only escape
This is the temporary remedy to all of my mistakes
When i take off everything feels great
But soon the plane starts to descend
My trip has to end and we must return to land
On my way down the flight attendant asks if I'm hungry
And I'm starved
She hands me a menu, I order everything I see
No need to worry about the carbs
Actually... no need to worry about anything
Cause this trip just ended in a crash landing...

No comments:

Post a Comment