Song Of The Moment

4.22.2014

first anniversary

as i opened my eyes
and bundled myself in the blankets
you came to mind 
i waited 

say something, i thought 
the tension built up 
i knew the end was coming 
but the tears didn't come until it happened

because of hope 

my eyes fluttered open as i was thinking about your voice 
and my phone lit up 
indicating by the noise 
that you've decided to call 

to end it all 

to me, the pain i was enduring 
was worth the happiness you caused

after you said "it's just too hard"
"I have to be a man"
"you deserve better"
"I still love you from the bottom of my heart"

no word 
no thought 
entered my mind 

except "happy one year anniversary"
but i knew you didn't realize it
you wouldn't be that cold 

...i was traumatized 
and all i did was cry 
until i heard the beeps
and you weren't on the line 

i kept crying until i heard the city
and the house waking up 
to start a new day 
and mine was already fucked

called in sick 
and cried myself to sleep
woke up 
threw up 
waited four more days to eat 

i've never been that weak

never did i sob for that long
my pillow had turned into an absorber 
more like a sponge 

i cried myself a migraine 
i didn't know i had that many tears 
until they ran out
and i just sat there
silently dealing with the despair 

your love was the one 

but i've waited for this day 
because that day
was the worst of my life

and today i'm stronger 
and it's better 

and it gives me hope 

because i may be alone 
but i'll never be as alone as i was

and i need to know that i've grown 
since then 
since april 22nd


No comments:

Post a Comment