Song Of The Moment

7.09.2014

12:54 AM

It’s easy to ignore
& harder to embrace
Easy to chase
Harder to wait
Easy to hate
Harder to love
Because we run from that, you know?
We run from what love does

Hoping some lesson will reveal itself.
Standing atop an edge
On one foot, looking down.
If I jumped now ...
Is she the only one that would miss me?
I think so ... you know?
I think she’s the only one that gets a glimpse of me.

But what can even be seen in me?
Do they see this man I want to be?
Do they see this pain I live with?
This shame I sleep with?
This name I can’t miss?
This life I live ... searching for a purpose.

Nah they don’t see any of that.
They see everything I hate about myself.
Everything I never wanted to be
Everything that I try my hardest to eschew.
Everything ... except what I want them to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment