Song Of The Moment

6.23.2014

golden rule

those people 
who'd always have each other?

it's true.. 
that no one can return this love

when you dealt with that heartache 
that heartbreak

who was there?
was it not me?
was i not your star?

was i not the one who comforted you?
convinced you of how perfect you really are?
how you'd move on 
love on 
and i'd help you stay strong?

that came along for you 
i'm glad it did
that's how i want to see you

happy

-                          -                          -

are we really that alike though?

tell me now..
when it came my turn
to hurt and to cry 

when every day became another reason to die 

you told me that i couldn't be like that 
told me that i was ruining your happy life 
that i shouldn't feel this way 
or i should listen to what you had to say 

and i guess you forgot 
you were exactly like me 
and i was exactly like you 

except i was persistent 
to see that you were given what you deserved 
freedom of that dread 

and exactly how we switched places 
you switched up 
you were the one who began to give up 

on me 

the one who made sure you'd be happy

you left me
hurting

No comments:

Post a Comment