Song Of The Moment

5.27.2014

Chasing Nostalgia

I often find myself pacing backwards
Gazing far off into the cosmos
And though the past is nothing but a black bird
And intangible... I never seemed to get the memo
I dance to the tempo of our past's pulsing inferno
And even though I've changed for the better
Somehow I still miss the old me
I miss how every day I'd write the old you a letter
But the old us is gone and we're stuck with what we've came to be
You held me up by the waist with Orion's Belt
We danced around one another like binary stars
And though it was hell, I yearn for the pain I once felt
And when we collapsed into a black hole we tore apart all the light and dark matter afar
Our demise too massive to calculate with calculus or algebra
So why do I still find myself chasing nostalgia?

No comments:

Post a Comment